Fabric Design Competition
Following the closure of Further Education Colleges and Universities, Rapture & Wright are offering the following opportunity, open to all current (2020) second and third-year Art Students.
Fabric and wallpaper company Rapture & Wright, are looking for potential designs based on the following brief. Please choose one of the following titles as inspiration to work from.
The Abstract landscape
The design selected, will be developed by Rapture & Wright, and produced as a textile and/or wallpaper, as part of the Rapture & Wright collection for 2021.
The successful submission will be purchased by Rapture & Wright for £500 inc. VAT. In addition, there will also be the opportunity of a paid placement at the Rapture & Wright print studio, of up to four weeks.
Potential designs will need to work alongside Rapture & Wright’s current portfolio. You should take time to familiarise yourself with the style, ethos and production methods of the brand.
You may submit as many designs as you wish.
Design parameters and dimensions
Final artwork size: 80cm wide x 130cm high - including vertical repeat cut through.
Vertical repeat: Between 4cm and 70cm
Printed colours: Maximum 2 colours, printed onto a white base cloth.
The successful design will be hand screen printed using pigment inks, please allow for this when considering your design. Submission of work. Initial designs should be submitted as a low res .pdf showing the two printed colours. Please do not send work to us by post or courier.
All designs should be accompanied by a short statement (up to 200 words,) explaining the ideas behind your design submission.
Prior to the final decision, a shortlist of submissions will be chosen by Rapture & Wright and those selected will be asked to submit a digital portfolio showing the drawings and ideas produced during the development of their final, submitted design.
The final, successful design will need to be submitted in photoshop and illustrator showing the colour separation.
All submissions must include your name and contact details within the document.
The filename of the PDF submission must be yourname.pdf with a number after your name if submitting more than one design e.g. yourname1.pdf
Entries will be accepted from 6 April 2020. Entries will close at midnight on 29th May 2020. Rapture & Wright will not accept any entry received after this date.
Please email entries to email@example.com
Best of luck.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry, all candidates accept the following:
- All submissions must be original works by you, free from any existing copyright.
- If it comes to the attention of Rapture & Wright, that any submission appears to have a close resemblance to other, existing work and which may therefore potentially infringe copyright or intellectual property regulations, Rapture & Wright retain the right to exclude that work from the judging process.
- In the event that the submissions do not reveal a suitable design, Rapture & Wright reserve the right not to purchase any of the submissions or offer any placements. Rapture & Wright’s decision is final.
The successful design, and all associated artwork, will become the property of Rapture & Wright once purchased. Following purchase, copyright will rest with Rapture & Wright. The design may be changed or adapted by Rapture & Wright, before final production.
- The successful entrant accepts that once purchased by Rapture & Wright, their design and any derivation of their design may be made publicly available and will be capable of being shared by members of the general public across all media channels. In addition, the successful entrant’s name may be used by Rapture & Wright in promotional activity surrounding the design.
- Rapture & Wright shall keep all entrants contact details confidential and shall not disclose them to third parties without the written consent of the entrant. All contact details, excluding those of the successful entrant, will be deleted by the 30 June 2020.